Skip to main content

Reply to "College Representative Fail"

My final word on this unless blindsided!  I guess you reach a certain age and you are exhausted from all this. Just can't keep up and not sure how much you care to. I have never been mean or hurtful to another person just because of race, sexual preference etc.  But at the same time the PC stuff does get a little silly. I don't need the PC police to tell me how to be nice to another person. And for the record I am an Italian, Irish & German guy. Feel free to call me a wop, mick or kraut cause really I just don't care. My self worth is not attached to what anybody but my family thinks of me. Cracker?  Fine. Hillbilly?  Go ahead. Red neck!  Sure why not. Call me whatever you like. Cause it's the intent that counts. You could call me no bad names and we could still have an issue with each other if I feel attacked or threatened. It's not the words it's the intent behind the words.  As for the oriental thing.  History must have changed since I taught it. I don't remember anything I read or any documentary or anything that pejoratively used the term oriental.