Skip to main content

Reply to "College Select Baseball now accepting nominees for Fall 2011 Season"

You guys figured me out. TF is not my real handle, I used it to protect my son. My son played for CS last summer. We were not pleased with the program. All that was promsed was not delivered. We paid $3500, that didn't include travel, lodging, or food, but we knew that going into it. The website was not updated for coaches. Stats were not keep at all. There was really no coaching, one tournament TR was by himself and it was so hot he couldn't leave the dugout, the kids did all the coaching in that tournament. It was very unorganized. The team uniform was one cotton shirt, and a hat. At the end of summer we were squeezed for more money. Over the course of the entire summer we never made the cut, not one playoff game, it was not because we didn't have the talent, we were out coached.
I know of three other players that are going off to college in a few weeks that played for CS, and they did it themselves, there was no assistance from CS.
Now on to this summer, my son got a call that a travel team needed a player, I was on the fence because of last summer. This organization said the cost was $2000, included travel and lodging for the player. He received three full uniforms, they traveled on a team bus, and feed them inbetween doubleheaders. There was very good coaching, the head of the organization talked with parents, told them truthfully about their child, good or bad. This organization has a %96 placement rate with colleges. Website with pictures and stats. This team was based out of an area that was over 6 hours from my house, the organization has hosts families, it worked out great. They could have charged double for their program. My son was already commited to a school, but coaches were still talking to him, and pro scouts were on hand at their games. That never happened with CS.
The bottom line is parents have to do there homework on travel teams, the players only have a few summers to play and gets the looks. I would not recommend CS to any family after my families experence with them.