Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

I am praying for all the players on the road this week. Stay safe.

Fortunately, mine lives at home while playing here in Tampa. Actually, he is probably at more risk driving everyday in our traffic back and forth to school and workouts than if he was driving once in a while back from school. He had Tuesday/Thursday classes only this fall, but he was at school everyday for baseball.

This week his girlfriend returns from FSU so I predict there will be limited baseball activity. He’ll enjoy a small break from the bullpens, catching live BP and the extended inning scrimmages behind the dish.

He will continue putting in significant miles on his road bicycle over this break and winter break. He rode at least 45 miles per week all fall and he can’t believe the difference it has made in his leg and core condition this year. As we all know catchers are not known for their running, but he sure can pedal with the best of them. He has learned to no longer let his body regress during non-baseball periods. There is too much competition in the game to spend valuable time reconditioning.

He plans on picking up the bat again in earnest during the 3 week winter break to get ready for practice/workouts that start right after January 1. DII still starts their season February 1.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your boys.

Floridafan, see you at the field in January.