Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

Here at Rhodes (DIII) we had quite a bit of training to do but, officially, everything is non-mandatory. We usually get about 90-95% turnout at everything though. With tests, trips home, and things like that, guys miss now and then. We lift three days a week (time is optional on specific days, we just work it out with our partner) and condition in between lifting days at 4:15 once most classes are finished for the day. As long as turn out and effort is high, we play touch football until sunset on Fridays. Our off day is Saturday. Until break, we were on our own with long tossing and bullpens. For the winter break, we were given a more cut and dry throwing schedule to work with. I'm expected to comfortably throw an 80 pitch bullpen when I get back to campus for our first practice, so I have a pretty clear goal in mind. Lifting continues as it was while I have to modify the conditioning a bit since I can't train outside (some of us have to go home to a bunch of snow!). I believe our first game is February 4th, really looking forward to it.
Last edited by JPontiac