Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

I got a sniff of Spring baseball today. Intra-squad scrimmage; 7 innings of great baseball on a 55 degree day under beautiful clear skies.

Same scheduled for tomorrow so guess I will jump in the car and make the two hour trip. Better enjoy seeing my Freshmen play and hit now as he has been told he and the other five freshmen won't see the Field on defense this year. His starts, when he gets one, will be at DH. So I'm living large on as many scrimmages as I can get to. Pitching was ahead of hitting as one might imagine. One homer hit, to the short left field 340' line. Not getting any out at 403' in center with BBCOR. Defense was great, pitching was great, viewing was great, outcome 2-0 game; Prime Jr. 2-3 (singles) and one K (against number one starter). All in all, good day for for a baseball fan watching his son!

I'm getting real antzie for baseball to start but wondering how Dad will adjust to watching his son's team play but with him on the bench for the first time? Guess I will adjust as I wait for his turn to come?
Last edited by Prime9