Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

quote:
The only thing less impressive than the pop in BBCOR bats is the pop in cold BBCOR bats. My son had a couple of knocks today, so he was happy about that, but he is still grieving the loss of the rocket launchers in college baseball just as his career begins.

Hot Corner Dad: I agree totally, Prime Jr. says it's like hitting with a lead pipe! I'm with you on the cold weather disappearing; please, please, give me 95+ again, I won't complain!

I'm going to see BP on the field @ 12pm today followed by a 1:00pm Scrimmage. Prime Jr. was in town yesterday (Defensive Driving course- oh these boys) and we had lunch. I've never heard him more excited about baseball! He's fortunate, as a Freshman, to be at a place where the players and Coaches are so supportive and positive. But his excitement centered around the last few Scrimmage games where he finally threw caution to the wind, quit worrying about striking out and started "going for it." He went back to his normal "leg kick" and has been driving balls to the gaps, off and over the walls. He credited his hitting Coach for telling him what I've been telling his since September; we've invested in you, we believe in your hitting ability, you have the fastest hands on the team, now clear out the area between your ears and just let it happen."

I'm anxious to see how the AB's go today and am thankful to the Staff who realize they are dealing with a young man that needs their confident support for him to perform at his best!

pay attention to the coaches who will be working with your sons when selecting your school, as we all know, they can and do make a huge difference.
Last edited by Prime9