Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

Rhodes will be playing in the conference tourney beginning Thursday as the number 1 seed, I am happy to report. We finished 11-5 in the conference, and 21-17 overall. We'll see Hendrix in game 1, then depending on the result, the winner (if we lose)/loser (if we win) of Trinity-Oglethorpe. We'll be having two important pitchers, our #2 starter and #2 reliever, returning from injuries for the tournament. The tournament format is double elimination with six teams.

For me, I don't have much to report. Since my first real tough start (3 IP, 4 ER) a few weeks ago, I haven't seen any action. I'll be ready to go for the tournament, but honestly have no clue what my role is/will be. I'm fairly certain if a starter has to exit very early, they'll dial my number. Beyond that, I'm not sure if I would get tabbed for the potential 4th or 5th games as a starter. One thing is for certain though, I believe that if we get that deep I'll have to go in some capacity. I've always been at my best in high leverage situations, so I'll be ready for whatever they throw at me. Had a productive scrimmage outing last week in which I was fairly tuned up with command. I feel like I have it all together as of today's bullpen session, because I got the sink back on my fastball, which had been absent for a couple outings.

I'll update as we progress through the tournament!