Skip to main content

Reply to "College Spring Season"

I love that prayer as well. Look, God has a plan for your son. Its not your plan. Its not my plan. Its Gods plan. God does not make mistakes. Put your faith in the Lord and not in yourself. Its out of your hands and its out of my hands. And lets be honest whose hands would you rather your son be in? Your own or Gods?

We have to have faith and we have to trust. And we have to keep all of this in perspective. Baseball no matter how important to us or our children is still just a game. Life is not a game. The lessons taught them through this game and its experiences are far more important than the actual games played. They are going to be a man a lot longer than they are going to be a baseball player. They are going to be our sons the rest of our lives.

Put it in the Lords hands and then step back and thank God for the blessings he has given us. He is perfect and he does not make mistakes. If its in the Lords hands we can sleep knowing that all is well. My prayer is that my son's will learn to lean on God and have a personal relationship with him. And then they will have the peace of mind in knowing that everything is in his hands.

I know many here do not like to hear people talk like this. Julie can delete this post if it offends anyone. But someone will read it before that happens. So its all good. My prayer for all of your sons is the same as it is for mine.