Skip to main content

Reply to "College Summer League Placement"

@CTbballDad posted:

Son’s coach reached out to an NECBL team to get him on the roster.  Since he was a freshman and yet to play a game, did not get a quick response.   We knew the GM for another NECBL team, so reached out letting him know of the situation.  GM reached out to HC and offered my son a roster spot the same day.

I know of other scenarios where kids/families made their own arrangements, one which was critical in getting player drafted the following season.

I see no harm in you making a few calls, though you may want son to let HC know (we didn’t, but since we already had an NECBL endorsement, figured it was no big deal)

Agreed.

If there is some connection use it, but don't be "that dad".

My son's HS coach knew the local CCL head coach and we had a good relationship so I called him and said my son was looking for a local college team. He talked to the CCL coach who called my son's college coach and in two days he was on a local CCL team.  In the background I had met my sons college pitching coach several times during his recruitment and watching his games so I asked him in advance if that was OK to make the call and he was supportive so I did it.  It is a fine line so make sure you communicate and can help the process and don't be viewed as short circuiting something a college coach has going.