Skip to main content

Reply to "College Summer League Rosters"

@PABaseball posted:

Seems unnecessary. And I get it, I really do - the whole it's not about the running, it's about the preparation.

But not letting someone practice because they can't run ____ in _______ seconds or minutes is silly considering it's a game where you run max 360 feet at any given time. I'm as anti-coddling as they come but how about they put more time into his bullpens or his BP rounds and stop worrying about the running?

Makes absolutely no sense to me how coaches will only watch their top 20-25 guys practice but watch 26-40 on the roster like hawks when it comes time to condition.

Maybe that's why UT is competing for a CWS and we're on at large watch every year. Not sure, but from a lot of what I've heard from friends and guys in other programs it seems like there is a lot of time wasted on useless activities and a lot of ignoring guys who could become contributors if they got a little more attention

I agree with this. There definitely needs to be minimum standards for fitness. However, some guys are more suited for speed and sprinting and others have better endurance.  No point forcing a square peg in a round hole. The greatest coaches know how to capitalize on and enhance what they have.