Skip to main content

Reply to "college summer leagues - how to find a spot"

I feel your pain. My son is going to be graduating HS this spring and would like to play for a collegiate summer league as he is a position player. He signed to a juco program that is about 1k miles from home. His future coaches are neutral when it comes to playing for a collegiate league this summer, so my husband and I have mixed feelings about it. We know he would benefit from seeing more college level pitching, but we also greedily would like to have him around or at least within a half-day's drive.

Factors that have made it difficult in his hunt: Being a rising Freshman. Future coach connections are not in our area and with the distance they don't quite have a picture of who he is as a player quite yet. Needing housing (he has his own transportation), but some leagues don't provide housing. Time of when he committed (collegiate leagues need to know you are a collegiate ball player) and he just signed in December.

On top of all this our family might end up moving this summer, so we don't even know where we're going to be.