Skip to main content

Reply to "College Summer Leagues-The Times They Are a Changing"

@adbono posted:

I get it that this generation of players has a me over team attitude. And it frustrates a lot of us. IMO it’s a product of over-hype on social media. By scouting services, parents, keyboard warriors, and pretenders that build their brand off of unsuspecting kids. And I hate every bit of it.
  But I want to offer up a story that gives us hope. Earlier this year I was asked by a family friend to help a neighborhood HS senior (Ryan) get recruited. Ryan had just lost his father 90 days before I met him. His dad passed in the fall on senior night as Ryan played his last HS football game. I asked around about Ryan’s character and got nothing but glowing responses. I watched him play and recognized him as having more than enough talent to play college baseball. He had gone under-recruited b/c of bad advice and b/c he played for a bad travel org. After sizing up the situation I decided to help. I met with Ryan this morning, just before he left town to report to his JuCo campus. We talked about what he should expect when he gets there. As we parted company he handed me an envelope. This is what was inside:

738B9220-2006-46B5-B2FA-562CF523218C

Thanks for posting this, the thread  desperately needed balance.