Skip to main content

Reply to "College Summer Leagues-The Times They Are a Changing"

@anotherparent posted:

- according to every thread ever on this site, college baseball is a grind, and you'd better really love the game if you want to do it.

- according to PABaseball and Francis7, players hate playing the game they supposedly love in summer leagues - "they're having their summer, their only time off, taken from them" - they would rather be at the lake with friends, or working in offices

If that is how you interpreted what was said then so be it but you have the ten year vet/owner of a collegiate league team (in a good collegiate league I may add) telling you that morale is down and they are canceling games because not enough guys want to be there.

The words are right there.

I like baseball, I can still point out its flaws. And if my kid told me the options were

A. To be broke and take 6 hour bus rides to play mostly meaningless baseball with a dugout full of kids who also don't want to be there in a league where very few are drafted.

B. Get a job/internship for future career, make some money, train on own time with pitching guys, and do whatever he wanted on the weekends

I'd let him make that decision for himself and I have a pretty good idea of what he would pick.

Last edited by PABaseball