Skip to main content

Reply to "College Team Prospect Camp"

kandkfunk posted:

My son plays for a travel team that attends a couple of team showcase tournaments on D1 college campuses. They are usually referred to as "team camps". My understanding, though, is that the specific teams are invited and they are not open to just any team that wants to sign up. One of the two camps held on-field batting practice led by the college coaching staff, but there wasn't really any other showcase like "testing". They were really treated like tournaments with a lot of college scouts in attendance. It's a pretty convenient format to accommodate scouts. Some kids were obviously being scouted pretty heavily.

It was a pretty great experience for my 16 year old. Just being able to play on some of these college fields makes for fun baseball, but you would have to be pretty special to get noticed in this format (just like any big college camp) unless you are already on someone's radar. For us, the cost was very reasonable and much cheaper than paying for individual camps at each of these schools because of how his particular travel team is structured. 

This is my experience as well.  Usually not an advertised event.  College coaches/RC's invite a few select travel programs to play a round robin tournament at the college site.