Skip to main content

Reply to "Collegiate Summer Ball"

Originally Posted by baseballguy96:

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I've be busy lately. From what I understand my college coach is not very active into getting players into summer leagues. One of our assistant coaches who played at the school last year said that he has some connections, but I know most of the time summer teams want to hear from the head coach.

Please read the thread that Hokie started in the "after High School" section. It is very informative and will answer many of your questions. 

I am not convinced that the teams only want to hear from the head coach. I believe it comes down to how much do they respect the source. My sons pitching coach has been around baseball for a long time.  From his Bio:

quote:
managed the Delaware Cows of the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League.  Earlier, he served as associate head coach at Duke University for 5 years, and was a minor league pitching coach and scouting supervisor for the Cleveland Indians.

He is a 1964 graduate of The Ohio State University.  Koblentz pitched for 2 seasons for the Buckeyes and went on to pitch in the Pittsburgh Pirates’ and New York Mets’ farm systems.

He helps place many of the players. The head coach is very involved as well. but two people can contact more teams than just one. Use all your resources, especially if the coach is not very active.

Last edited by BishopLeftiesDad