Skip to main content

Reply to "Collegiate Summer Baseball 2022"

34 games over 2 months in the Dairyland League for my D3 kid seems good.  He’s especially lucky that he gets to live at home, but he’s also been able to work part-time and get lifting/training in as well as individual hitting workouts.  Definitely a busy summer.

He’s going to be a Sophomore in the 2023 season, and like most freshman, especially in the present post-COVID roster logjam environment, he didn’t get much playing time as a freshman (only 5 pinch hit at bats).  So he really needs the live reps.  So far he’s started games at both 3B& 1B (the main positions his college coach wants him ready for in the fall), and he’s scheduled to start at 3B in tomorrow ’s game.

All the teams in the league are within a 30 minutes drive of each other so there aren’t any big road trips or overnight stays.

The Northwoods League is several levels higher up in the Baseball world, but I’ve heard stories of some Northwoods players only getting 10-15 at bats over the course of an entire summer.  At minimum, Dairyland League position players start every other game….like I said he needs the reps

Last edited by 3and2Fastball