Skip to main content

Reply to "Collegiate Summer League Fees Question"

Coaches have connections.  There are very few who can get a gig on their own unless they are a stud.  It also depends on speed as LHP and how many innings he throws this spring.  My sons commitment is dependent on his innings this spring.  He is a 2way player so his summer placement was also a 2 way commitment.  If he throws X number of innings this spring, he will only hit this summer.  If not, he will X number of innings this summer and hit. 

My middle son had 16 innings he could throw his freshman summer.  The team held him through the entire summer throwing 1 or less innings a week hoping they would make the playoffs and use him in the playoffs.  They lost the next to last game which put them out of the playoffs so he pitched the entire last game.  A total waste of a summer.  They would not let him leave and come back.  I do not understand the management of teams like this.  If you are going to bring kids in, use them not abuse the kid.  If you don't want them but once a week, then tell them what game and let them go home the other part of the week.  They talk about the growing experience but it is more of a frustrating experience at times.  I know this is how it works but not a good system.