Skip to main content

Reply to "Colorado Pitch Count Limits"

roothog66 posted:

Yeah, but for the entire season we had been interpreting it as exceeding 59 pitches in two days simply meant a day's rest. So, our coaching staff didn't see it as a problem. In the end, it didn't matter because our relief guy pitched just fine. It seems odd to have a rest period that only covers one exact number of pitches.

How many times during the season did your team play games 2 days in a row?

It just stands to reason that if the intent was to keep a team from throwing 34 and then 110 then they would have used a number higher than 60. I have to believe the intent of the rule was to keep teams from using the 0-34 count as a loophole. I think it was just badly written. To strictly read "no pitcher may throw more than 60 pitches over two days" you would have to say pitching 110 in a single day would not be allowed under the rule. If you throw 61 pitches on Friday, you've exceeded 60 in a two day period.

However, I'm interested that most here didn't read it as I did.

All you can do is make your case to the state assn and hope they rewrite the rule.

The reason most didn't interpret it the same way is because they don't coach in Co..