roothog66 posted:

Here are the pitch count rules for Colorado high school baseball:

Pitching limits

Varsity
PitchesRequired Rest
86-1103 Days
61-852 Days
36-601 Day
1-35** - Additionally, no pitcher may throw more than 60 pitches over two days. If they throw 60 pitches in two days, there will be one day of required rest.

0 Days*

Root,

I think you are showing your professional side a bit.  The rule is very clear.  If you pitch back to back days you are maxed at 60 pitches and a days rest if you hit 60.  It's also obvious that the rule is specific to 0 days bracket which is why it does not apply to 110 pitches.  

As the rule is written a kid can pitch 29 pitches everyday.  

Actually, it isn't written in the 0 days bracket. It is in a spot after the entire chart. Somehow, when I tried to copy and paste, it kept coming up like this.  I feel a better rule would simply be that any pitcher pitching two consecutive days is required at minimum 2 days rest (or one day). I just think, as written, it doesn't accurately reflect what they meant to do. the rules committee wrote it and probably didn't think through the language and, then, officials - who are not part of the rules committee - were left to interpret. Just going quickly through MaxPreps, I found a dozen violations of this addendum when teams played back-to-back. Most were nothing abusive (nothing more than 90 pitches over the two days).  Actually, as the rule is written, a kid could throw 30-29-30-29-30, which certainly wasn't contemplated. Now, usually, this doesn't come up, but there are plenty of years in Colorado where rain/snow creates a schedule where teams play several games on consecutive days in Colorado.