Skip to main content

Reply to "Coming in 2005, Atlantic Coast Baseball League"

Local, I disagree. I think a league focusing on the HS elite is a great way for some of these boys to showcase thier talent. It is not fair to expect these boys to stick with Little League, Babe Ruth League and anymore AAU (which has become a joke). Most of these boys have dedicated themselves to the game of baseball since they were small boys. These boys spend all winter conditioning and preparing for the Spring. This dedication to the game is what puts these boys in the "elite" catagory. It is the boys that stop playing when Little League is done that are not making these teams. Granted, there are "naturals" in the game who it comes easy for, but mostly it is pure hard work that has put these kids where they are. As far as Freshman and elite making you gag, I'm sorry to hear that. Last season I saw plenty of Freshman that I can see someday playing for the Major Leagues. Bottom line, I think a team like this would be a great way for these kids to work on thier skills with top knotch coaches. As for me and my son, we will be looking in to it further. And if he does not make a team? So be it. That just means he needs to work harder for next year. Because that is what makes "elite" Hard work.