Skip to main content

Reply to "Commitment 101"

Thanks!

Happy to help! Steep learning curve for sure with the process and what to look and look out for.

The coaches we talked to were very open about sharing baseball team retention, graduation, and class loads. Maybe because we specifically asked about majors, class loads, and restrictions if any.

Some schools limit majors or areas of study. We know Duke doesn't and GT didn't either.  It was interesting that UVA mandates 15 hrs and 4 years (as a school) and others do the 12. 12 gets you in a 5th year scenario, if you can't take extra or early classes.

It was interesting that Vandy doesn't have a Business or Finance degree and unfortunately that took them off my sons list. That and all the commits they have. My wife and I might still move to Nashville because it's AWESOME, but that is another story. 

I do think its our jobs as parents to remind our kids that it is more than just baseball or softball, school matters, life happens, and happens after baseball. Prepare for the future - for baseball and beyond. Both matter.