Skip to main content

Reply to "Committed Underclassmen"

It's simple. Coach goes to freshman's summer game. He goes to the coach and asks when they're playing next and where. Likes what he sees again. Goes up to the dugout and gets the travel coaches number. Calls and asks about what type of kid he is and his baseball future. Coach says give my number to Jimmy, I will be expecting a call at 4:00 tomorrow. 

He calls and they talk. He invites Jimmy to camp and he kills it. Mentions to Jimmy that he liked what he saw but he's gotta run says he's busy but if they're walking around he'll be in his office until 5. You go by the training facility and it's unlocked. Coach is there. You make small talk and he tells you how much he likes his game and that he could be a major contributor and points to a % that is circled on the whiteboard in his office. That is how it's done. 

Look at all the kids who are committed in the 2022 class. How many play for Canes National, Team Elite, CBA, GBG, 643, Scorpions, etc? And how many pay for the Mid Atlantic Sharks Orange Prime? The coaches are pulling the strings for them and doing all the middle man work. A player doesn't even have to take a visit with a good coach. "We're offering Jimmy 35%, have him call me in a week if he wants to accept or has any questions" happens more often than you think. 

Dancing around the rules can get shady at times but most people agree that the rules are stupid and if you're on the phone with a coach he'll most likely offer you. Or offer you on the campus visit. 

My 2019 was told by a school - we're not going to offer you because that would be an NCAA violation. But if we were it would probably be _____% and that would be 4 years guaranteed with housing and meals included along with tuition.

There are plenty of ways around it.