Skip to main content

Reply to "Commonwealth District 2009"

BOY, the "UGLY" stick came out and hit Stafford's defense last night against North Stafford. Stafford lost 9-2 in this District match up. North Stafford has a Freshman that everybody should keep an eye on by the name of Sean Kennedy, he is going to be special! Stafford had the right starter in pitching, but the defense seem to wait for this game to commit all the errors they have been avoiding. Well as they say, "You win as a team and loose as one", I sure they will get back on track.

I see that Spotsy had a good game against a new High School in their District, Eastern View (Spotsy winning 3-2). Alot of the kids on Eastern View I hear are the better players from surrounding schools, so it is no surprise they have started out pretty good. The only thing that went against them last night is that ran into Matt Houston who looks like he is have a great start for Spotsy, but that is NO SURPRISE!

Brook Point had a GREAT game against Massaponnax 6-0, due to the Stellar pitching of Evan Houde. He came one out from a "NO NO", boy when that kid is on he is one of the toughest pitchers in the District.

Riverbend took it to the Colonial Forge team 6-4, getting all their runs in the first inning with 5. Don't count them down and out though they always find a way to be there in the end.

Round two starts after Easter break, let's see what happens on the turn!