Skip to main content

Reply to "Comparison Between Minor Leagues and Major D1"

quote:
Originally posted by CADad:
bbscout,
No matter how much experience you have it is still conjecture. As the saying goes "That's why they play the game." Why are you so upset about a discussion on a website? I'm just putting out an argument that I believe in and you are putting out an opposing argument from a more authoritative position. The people who bother to read these know that you have far more experience in this than I do and will take it into account. The reality is that I have a better feel for how good the pro players are than I do for how good the college players are. In my limited playing experience I played against pros more often than I played against college players.

AJ was playing in the pros only a few weeks after playing in college, so I doubt there was a quantum leap in ability. I'd have been happy to see the UCR team play the Yakima Bears in a series right after that college season ended. Would have been quite interesting although it would have been hard for AJ to pitch against himself. Smile My guess is that the majority of the starting lineup for Riverside that season is now playing or did play pro ball so I think it would have been a pretty good matchup with Riverside possibly have better pitching at the top.

AJ and two others (Festa and Hoff) were drafted and signed. One other player(Torres) signed as a free agent in 2004.