Skip to main content

Reply to "Comparison Between Minor Leagues and Major D1"

quote:
I honesty think that D-1 baseball compare fairly to short season baseball with a light advantage for pro baseball over college. The ideal situation for me is to get a scholarship at a D-1 school, play 3 or four years, and them to sign professional. To sign for professional baseball means 1 to 5 % of chance to become a ML baseball player. Going to school means 90% opportunity of become a professional person, and still the 1-5 % chance of become a ML baseball player.

Well said, Racab.

It is normal to be curious about D1 compared to minor league.

I wondered the same thing myself, outloud, on this board many years ago.

With some effort on his part, bbscout convinced me otherwise.

The players that start at D1 were usually standout allstars at their high school.

Until you have actually seen that process take place, it doesn't really hit home.

Starters at a D1 were probably the four hole hitter or leading hitter on their high school team.

The same process happens again at the D1.

But, instead of 1 player from the high school team to a D1, there might be three or four drafted into professional baseball.

So, those minor league teams are comprised of the best of the D1's.

Given that a short season team made up of the best players from the D1's, it should not be hard to comprehend that the minor league team is stronger.

Only the best pitchers and hitters survive..............
Last edited by FormerObserver