Skip to main content

Reply to "Comparison Between Minor Leagues and Major D1"

quote:
Originally posted by FutureBack.Mom:
Walawala ...
quote:
I would say that any college team with a number 1 overall type pitcher, (price, miller, etc) would have a chance at beating any minor league team

Respectfully disagree with you on this one. I do believe that a quality college pitcher and team could beat some of the lower level minor league teams ... rookie (many high school age players), short season (many college level players), and maybe even some low A teams where there are a lot of young players. But beyond that, I really don't think a college program with even the best pitcher is quite ready to beat 'any' minor league team. We have to remember that the minor league levels, especially AA and AAA, are stacked with very mature players, some in their late 20's as well as younger players who have been playing pro ball since they were 16 or 17 (speaking here of the Latin players).

Im sayin with a legitament guy like miller or lincecum, who have already pitched in the big leagues less than a year after their draft, could easily shut out any minor league for 9 innings with their best performance.

Lincecum has already dominated Big League teams. Miller has had some success as well.