Skip to main content

Reply to "Comparison Between Minor Leagues and Major D1"

quote:
I would say that any college team with a number 1 overall type pitcher, (price, miller, etc) would have a chance at beating any minor league team. However, position for position the any high A team is gonna be better than any college team no matter what.

The problem with this statement is that a minor league season is 144 games. Could Price, Miller, etc "have a chance" of winning one/some if they were pitching? Well sure they would. Baseball is that type of game. Would the college team with a Price or Miller be competitive over 144? Absolutely not, IMO.
The other flaw in the quoted information is that it seems to forget there might be a pretty darn good pitcher on that minor league roster. Heck, they might even be the equal, or even more accomplished, than Price or Miller. You haven't seen them on CSTV, or other broadcasts, but what if we throw out Chuck Lofgren, Eric Hurley, or Homer Bailey(just called up), as a few examples, for that minor league team. How do we think that DI college team is going to do against these guys who are 92-100(Bailey), 91-93 with a great change up(Hurley) and a 91-95 fastball, plus slider and change(Lofgren).
Minor league has an incredible amount of talent. Many were stars in DI college baseball. When you combine that with the players they draw from the Latin and International countries, you realize the huge gap between college and the minor leagues when you play a full season of baseball, which is always the measure, isn't it????
I hope I am not being presumptuous but I think bbscout is rolling his eyes, again.
Last edited by infielddad