Skip to main content

Reply to "Composite game bat"

Dadof3 posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
Dadof3 posted:

Thanks for the input.  I think I will have him use the bat for the first 500 or so hits, then use something else.   He is using a drop 5 now.  Does it make sense to have him use a bbcor in the cage or could that affect his swing?  Should I get him a -5 aluminum to match the composite?

For 13u I truly believe the drop 5's are for the smaller/weaker kids.  Since your son is neither I would switch to a BBCOR bat and get a leg up for next seasons tryouts when all the 13u kids show up with a drop 5 or even drop 10 and the coaches shake their head.

12u was drop 10, 13u my son went BBCOR because he was tall and strong, and he was better off for it with his young age and high school looming.  Just a suggestion.

What bbcor bat would you recommend?  As you know, he likes the demarini brand right now.

Everyone is different.  For a cheaper side of life BBCOR in the Demarini line I would say Voodoo. It's much cheaper than many out there.  If you have a store that will let him swing a bunch of different bats and do a hittrax on him while he swings that would be best.  I've been told the LS 918 has a similar feel to the Demarini's as well. Easton Mako/beast/ghost is totally different.