Skip to main content

Reply to "Conflicting Off-Season Training Between H.S. and Elsewhere"

I don't penalize my players for not being at off season work outs. Never have never will. I don't penalize them for not doing anything extra during the season or out of season. I put the guys on the field that I believe give my team the best opportunity to win. I have several players that work during the summer. They also will work after school up to the first official practice date of baseball. I won't see them until Feb 11th. I respect that. Their families count on it. Every kids situation is different. 

I do believe they will reach their full potential they could have reached while they are in HS if they follow the basic principles I posted earlier. I don't know GK. But I know Kenny May. And Kenny May believes "Anything worth my time is worth my best." The problem with doing things "badly" or as we say where I am from "Half Assed" is that becomes a habit. JMO

If people disagree with my beliefs that self discipline and a true desire to be great are a good thing fine. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. There are plenty of coaches who wouldn't agree with the way I do a lot of things. But that's ok they don't play for me.

I don't expect a player playing another sport to be there. Be giving it your all to that. When it's time to study be giving your all to that. When its time to work be giving your all to that. What ever your doing just give it your best. Make that a habit. But it is also a curse that I will admit to. "Give me those freaking horse shoes that some BS!!" "Let's go again!!"