Skip to main content

Reply to "Confusing Shoulder Pain"

Buckeye 2015 posted:
iplaybaseballtoo posted:
baseballmom posted:

Ask about Thoracic Outlet Compression Syndrome, TOS. or nerve impingement...

This will give you a little bit of info. http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org...outlet_syndrome.htm

One of the best shoulder orthopedics in the country is Dr. Chris Ahmad, who works with NY Yankees...I'd imagine that he would review your mri & any other relevent tests . 

Don't mess around with this "nag"!

Good luck & keep the forum posted! 

I find your post extremely interesting, first and foremost thank you for your contribution. Secondly, I am based in Dallas would you consider Dr. Chris Ahmad to be worth the flight? I feel if I am a going out of state I might as well see Dr. James Andrews and receive the best care possible. At this stage I am keeping an open mind to all options. My parents have made an appointment with the current ortho for the Dallas Stars (appt day 2/18) as they didn't like the ortho for the Rangers.

My son went to Dr Kremcheck, the ortho for the Reds.  I guess I would wonder why they didn't like the guy from the Rangers?  I looked it up, his company has been with the Rangers since 2004.  I'd think if he's respected enough to be the guy dealing with the Rangers during the time that Nolan Ryan (who knows a bit about pitching) was CEO, he's probably good enough for my 15 year old son     I mentioned earlier about the lifting.  The trainer that had my son doing "non pitcher friendly" lifting was a hockey guy and the lifting he had them doing was causing issues.  I know an ortho is an ortho as far as training, but I'd probably prefer go to a "baseball guy" over a "hockey guy" if I'm having pitching arm issues.    I'm also curious...that you did 7 months of rehab.  Based on what?  Two doctors (including one that did an MRI) found nothing wrong, so how did they present any rehab that they thought would fix a problem that didn't exist?   Hopefully they missed something that can be taken care of....but also hope that the 7 months of whatever they had you doing hasn't done more damage that was you originally had

Exactly, for some reason my parents are against the idea of going to the Rangers doctor because they "didn't like his staff that answered the phone", but rather they would go to the doctor for the Dallas Stars(hockey team) because they "trust him more" and he operated on my dad. Also to clarify I have not done therapy for 7 months (I was injured for 7 months). I have done therapy for about 2 months.