Skip to main content

Reply to "Congrats to Duke Blue Devils"

quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
... but you may create some controversy in States bordering the Pacific Ocean.

The west coast has certainly not gotten their due when it comes to respect from the tournament committee, to that I agree wholeheartedly.

It opens the whole, "self fulfilling RPI prophecy", debate, where artificial floors and ceilings occur because once the conference season starts, there is little allowance for improvement or fall off because of the support, or lack of, from your conference peers.

This is a very, very interesting college baseball season. With so many "top" teams experiencing so many losses. I think for all the negative press the USD and compressed season have garnered, the one great thing, has been the equalization of pitching. No longer can warm weather teams spread out their games to get their top 3 16 starts each. Pitching staffs have had to be 5 man rotations for the most part. My personal belief is that this is good for college baseball. More players play, and staffs get an equal amount of work. We've come much closer to apples to apples than years past, and that, is a good thing.