Skip to main content

Reply to "Congrats to Orlando's and RHPMom's sons playing in European Nationals"

Thanks, MN-Mom, for your kind words. Life has "gotten interesting" this summer and I haven't been checking in often enough to have seen the thread when it started.

The GB team had it's highest finish ever this year....and came frustratingly close to entering the championship round. (Left the bases loaded in the 8th and 9th in a one-run game!) I didn't get a chance to go over to see them play, but RHP Mom was kind enough to give me an overview of the Prague scene....somehow internet access in Chocen was not so easy... Wink

And in the middle of all this, the guys get word that London got the Olympics bid, followed by the attacks in London, followed by the vote to eliminate baseball and softball from the Olympics. Quite a time for them.

It's a fantastic experience. Best of luck to your sons, sonisclass08, and feel free to PM me about the organization. Do you know that Lance Painter is now their pitching coach? The guys have really benefited from that.