Skip to main content

Reply to "Congratulations to Team Israel"

old_school posted:

I have enjoyed the WBC and seen some great games, love Italians and pasta!!! you can never have to much corn beef or pastrami!

I just find amusing that Team Israel has 5 or 6 kids from Area Codes games...it is a hell of a long trip from Tel Aviv!! And the 120 plus perfect game events or whatever number PG found they were at...I did search for PG in the middle east but didn't find anything!

We haven't even addressed the Netherlands....who knew??? I thought played soccer and rode bikes! Baseball is like the 2nd national past time apparently!

I don't have any doubt the rules are being followed to the letter (the same rules that use earned runs allowed as the tie breaker LOL) but it doesn't pass the smell test. I am glad American kids get chance to play, I enjoy watching it, but IMO call it what it is....a bunch a Americans who aren't good enough to make the roster of the home country, playing as mercenary because they are needed for the event to have enough depth to be competitive!!

If you don't speak the language, haven't lived in the country, never visited the country...aren't a citizen...but your grandmother had a Jewish father - Whoohoo that is proof - go Israel!! It rings a bit hollow to me. Keep in mind I have friend of the family playing in for Italy and am very happy for him, it is awesome...but that doesn't make him Italian!!

Some of us just get our panties knotted up a bit if you disagree on here.

Preach!