Skip to main content

Reply to "Connie Mack regional"

The Hubbers beat the Angels 8-1 in the championship game and they deserve it since they had to play three games in a row to win it all.

Aside from this being a poorly run AABC event, I saw for the first time in my life a team (organization) make a mockery of baseball. The Angels had all of the momentum in this tournament being undefeated on the final day of play. There were three teams left in the tournament. The Angels, The Hubbers and The Mustangs. The Mustangs drew a bye so the Angels had to play the Hubbers. If the Angels win they are in the championship game and have to be defeated twice to lose but they would have to play back to back games. The Angels chose to DELIBERATELY lose the game to the Hubbers so that they could earn a bye. They threw a pitcher that tossed BP to the Hubbers. They had right hand hitters go to the plate and bat from the left side. They threw pitches away so that Hubbers runners could advance. They would not run out ground balls. I watched the pitcher for the Angels deliberately throw a pitch ten feet over the head of his catcher so that the Hubbers runner on third base could score and give the Hubbers the eighth run needed for a five inning run rule. The Hubbers won that game 8-0 which gave the Angels their first loss and a bye. This was an absolutely sad display of baseball by this organization and a sad day for the young men that had to be drawn up into this horrible display. The Hubbers went on to defeat the Mustangs 3-2 with three runs in the 7th inning. And then a beautiful thing happened. The Angels strategy backfired and they lost to the Hubbers in the championship game. Serves them right!!! The sad part of this is that there were Angels parents justifying this debacle by saying it was the AABC's fault because of the rules and the bracket. Hopefully most of us teach our kids to compete and give it their all whether it is on the baseball field or in life. Sadly the young men from the Angels learned a hard life lesson yesterday. Never lay down and never give up.

Congratulations to the Hubbers!!!! Good Luck in Farmington.
Last edited by btdad