Skip to main content

Reply to "Contacting College Coaches"

quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
Vector,

Please remember that these are just my opinions and I have been wrong about so many things. People need to do what they feel is best for their son.

Whether we call it marketing or something else, there are usually ways to get the job done. In the end, it will no longer be about marketing, everything will be based on what happens on the field and in the classroom.

My suggestion regarding marketing… Figure out how to get son noticed… everything is based on him being seen. Maybe that should be the marketing plan.

We probably know your son, it sounds like he’s pretty good and will be at Jupiter next week. Maybe I will see you there. If you want, PM his name, Best of luck.

BTW, I love the Roosevelt quote.

I respect Teddy immensely. He exemplified the can do American attitude.

I'm not sure if you know my son or not since we did little to nothing in promoting him the last couple years.

We are looking forward to your event because some tourneys/showcases have been a disappointment. Case in point, today my son pitched for a travel team he had not even met until this morning in a wood bat tourney. He had a great day pitching a complete game, allowed no earned runs and only gave up four hits. He had a handful of strikeouts, and did not walk a single kid. Yet despite this tourney being touted as having college coaches and MLB scouts, there was not a single scout in sight the entire game. I tend to roll with the punches and figure many things happen for a reason. Yet
I cannot deny frustration at how luck plays a big part in this process. You can send your son to the events, he can perform great, and all you hear is silence as you sit by the phone.
Last edited by Vector