Skip to main content

Reply to "Cool College Stadium Review site"

Interesting site DadBelly2023, thanks for sharing.   I looked up what they had to say about my son's old college field....pretty accurate description based on when it was reviewed in 2015.  The best part about it was its location.   There was no mention of the future baseball site which is slightly off campus.  There was mention of the top of parking garage which has a great view of the field, campus, and surrounding area.   The top of the parking garage is also where you could find a handful of rowdy students and others enjoying a cold adult beverage.  Parents were encouraged to join this rooting section of the ball field.  That's the Bill Nye engineering building in center field.  Off-camera to the right is the Gates building (glass exterior) which took on more than its share of foul balls.  Its too bad they had to give up this property in the middle of campus for another building.  I really liked Hoy Field.  Lots of great memories.

David F. Hoy Field

Booth Field is the new Cornell baseball field where the Big Red have started playing homes games in 2023.  I don't have pictures but I have the link and an artists rendition.  It includes dedicated indoor batting cages and infield.  Mr Booth ('82) is a great guy and very generous with his time and money.  https://fcs.cornell.edu/projects/booth-baseball-field

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0