Skip to main content

Reply to "Cooperstown Dreams Park"

Watch out for the golf carts!   Seriously.  The staff uses them for everything - carting supplies, water, etc to all the fields.

As I'm sure you know, expect to the team to play 2 games a day beginning Sunday.  Pool play wraps up by Wednesday with the tournament starting that afternoon.  The tournament games go late into the evening.  And regardless of weather they will get them in.  In 2005 (80 teams) when my son's team played there, there were thunderstorms in the evening and some teams were still playing after midnight.  The higher seed the team is, the better chance they have of getting to the final rounds.  If you end up with a low seed, expect to play several games - but you have to keep winning to advance.

When our team was there, the team barracks were not air conditioned and it happen to be in the 90's the entire week.  The kids were roasted.

The big thing outside of playing is trading pins with the other teams.  Our team had special pin bags made to keep all the pins in.  I think my son got almost all of them.

Oh and parents are not allowed in "The Village" - players, coaches and umps only.  Have fun!