Skip to main content

Reply to "Cooperstown Field Of Dreams"

Usually in stories like this there are two sides and they are usually the way each wants to see it. I wasn't there so I won't pass judgement (and being there is the only way I would).

There are a lot of good coaches out there, that are in it for the KIDs. But I have noticed in the 12 years so far that I have followed my son from Tee Ball to High School. That SOME of these so called ADULTS either coaches or parents, think that they are at the 7th game of a World Series. They put way too much pressure on young kids and some of their actions are disgusting. Also most of the so called ADULTS I'm sure never played sports and are living their sports life thru the kids. Granted the few ruin it for the many, but you just have to wonder "What the HELL are they thinking"

Kids aren't born with poor sportsmanship it's something that is learned from the adults around them. My son played ONCE for a coach that had that Win or ELSE attitude. I won't go into details (it still makes me sick to this day) but when I saw this coaches actions during a game. Both with his players and with the other coach and umpires. I walked out onto the field during the third inning while my sons team was in the field and waved him off the field and told him to pack up his stuff and after a few choice words right in the face of his coach (so no one else could hear) we left and that was the last my son played for him. I hated that I had to do this because I am sure my son got his B***S broke from his friends. But what made me actually proud of this incident was that my son who was upset, told me on the ride home that "He Knew why I did it" and he wasn't mad at me.

What really got me mad was that most of the parents on my sons team thought that this coach was GOD. It is guy's like this that give the coaches who are there for the right reason a bad rapp.

It's funny this article talked about kids screaming and hitting their bats on the dugout when the opposing pitcher came set. I have been too and watched a whole lot of pro & college baseball games over the years and I can't ever recall once ever seeing that type of thing happen. My son has been on teams that pull that kind of **** but he knows better and that I can't control what his teammates do, but I can control what he does. He knows that the only thing that should come out of his mouth during a game from either the field or the dugout is encouragement for his teammates and nothing else.
Last edited by BBFDad2010