Skip to main content

Reply to "Cooperstown Tips"

Redsox8191, sorry I did not get this til today. My son went with the Boys of Baseball National Travel Team ( www.boysofbaseball.com )and we finished in the final 32. We were actually matched against the Hawaii Sluggers and Turn 2 Baseball during pool play and on the same day no less. Both teams were in the Final 4 with the Sluggers taking the overall crown against Mac n Seitz. With our past experiences in USSSA baseball, I knew both Turn 2 and Mac n Seitz would be contenders, but had no idea Hawaii would be as good as they were. Very disciplined and fundamentally sound team. They had a girl, yes a girl, who played 3rd and batted clean up. She also tossed a complete game shut out against Turn 2 in the semi finals. Her name is Misha and I expect to hear things from her on the softball circuit in years to come.

Tournament was very well run, the best my son has been to. The only exception was that the umpires were not as good as I thought they would be. They did a fine job, don't get me wrong, but I just expected top of the line umpires and honestly, some weren't. The majority were very qualified.

We experienced quite a few rain delays and I commend the grounds crew with getting the kids back on the field in a timely matter. All of Cooperstown Dreams Park is a very well oiled machine.

The meals were very edible, which was another surprise. Different breakfast choices every morning, choices of ham, turkey, roast beef, and tuna sandwiches for lunch, and then different choices for supper. If the player is a big eater, they can go back for 2nds.