Skip to main content

Reply to "Cost for Perfect Game Showcases?"

Originally Posted by WallyL:

A Perfect Game event can be one of the best investments you can ever make in this journey.  Considering tournaments, state showcases, regional Top Prospects showcases, and its National-level opportunites, my three sons attended over forty PG events over the course of a decade.  PG's Sunshine Series of showcases in June and its Top Prospects events around the country later in the summer (I'm biased towards PG's Northeast events) can be outstanding, and an invitation to its National events (Junior National and National showcases) is as close to being a sure indicator of your talent as you can get.  For underclassmen, attending a Perfect Game showcase or two may not only get you on the radar a bit earlier, but the experience and feedback alone can pay dividends down the road.  Like any exposure opportunity however, how well a family/player maximizes a Perfect Game event---researches, prepares, performs, takes advantage of the feedback, reads the tea leafs, etc---can provide an even more attractive return on the investment. 

I must admit that I have to agree 100% with Wally on the above post.  My 2015 is still in the middle of the journey, but I can attest to any 2016 or 2017 that a PG showcase is great while you are a sophmore or possibly a freshman.  Our reason was to simply see exactly where our player "stacked up".  While not every player will attend a PG showcase, you can get a broad enough sample by finding players that you know or have seen and seeing how your player compares to them from PG rankings.  This will give you an idea where you are, what you need to work on, confirm your gut instincts or maybe break your rose-colored glasses.  We didn't do it for the "exposure", but more as a measuring tool as I described above.  I don't work for PG, but if you follow them and look at their track record, they are pretty spot on in their assessments of players.  Just take the time to read and research and think you will know yourself if it is "right" for your player.  This IMO will give you a great start in the recruiting process.  No need to be stressing over D1 if you are D3 talent.  I am not saying you can't improve, you can.  Their profile will just help you to know where to work compared to thousands of players across the entire nation.