Skip to main content

Reply to "Cost of being recruited"

quote:
The stats I would like to see are:
1. Total Number of players that have attended a PG Event.
2. Total Number of that group that ended up playing college and at what level.

We have about 5,000 who actually attend showcases each year, this includes underclassmen who obviously have not signed with a college.

Another 12,000+ attend our showcase tournaments. A large number of these players we see at both tournaments and showcase. That really gives us a better read on each players true ability.

It is very hard to track all of them as they progress to the next level. I will say that several of the teams who play in these tournaments have a very high percentage of players go DI and/or get drafted. After all, they include a lot of talented players on those rosters.

Many of the players on these teams attend the showcases as well. But we are lucky to have so many top summer and fall teams play. These teams deserve more credit than we do for any success their players experience.

If anyone's interested the easiest way for us to track players is by seeing the recruiting class coming into any college in America. Then it is fairly simple to find how many players have been to our events by checking our player files against that recruiting class.

If someone wants to ask about any college, I will check and try to reply. As mentioned before, we are in the process of compiling that information for nearly all DI Colleges and will list it on the PG site.

My guess is that a high percentage of all these players do end up playing somewhere at the next level.

We do not MAKE a player a DI recruit or draft pick. The player is responsible for that! We just help open the door for those type players. As do some other organizations around the country.
Last edited by PGStaff