Skip to main content

Reply to "Cost Of N.J. Travel Baseball"

Francis7 posted:
Buckeye 2015 posted:

What age?  How many kids on the team?   When you say "academy", does that include winter training & practices.....or did you just show up at the tourneys, play then head home?  Typically I'd think you'd get a couple hats and jerseys and at least a pair of pants.   If the paid coaches were qualified (meaning HS or college coach) the $1800 probably isn't ridiculous, if it includes some training.  If not, I'd say it's probably a little steep

14U this year.  And, 14 kids on the team.  This does not include winter training.  But, it does include one team practice each week.  Basically, it’s the cost of playing the tournaments and having one experienced coach running the team during the game.

In my mind, I saw this as $600 to play the tournaments, $85 for the cap and shirt, maybe $350 going towards coach’s salary and the rest (around $750) going towards the facility as profit and helping to keep their lights on.  (It’s a big facility in terms of space.)  These are all just guesses on my part. 

The tourney prices are listed on the websites.  I can say that some fall tourneys were as much as $2500 for a team to enter.  Split 14 ways that's $180 for that one tourney.  Check the prices of the tourneys, and get a breakdown of costs from the coaches on what went to what.