Skip to main content

Reply to "Cost of Summer Ball"

@DD 2024 posted:

Feels like I am on the wrong planet.

I have paid approximately $40k per year for my daughter to play travel softball.  Club fees =  $5000-6000. Equipment = $1000. Travel and tournament fees = $1500-2500 per weekend.

Am assuming baseball will be the same. Please tell me something different. I am not rich.

I think it's the club fees and the travel. In baseball, it SEEMS like the summer club fees would be closer to $3K. And, the travel part wouldn't be every weekend. Maybe once or twice we're on a plane and spending thousands on travel in the summer. The rest of the time it's by car, no more than 2 hours each way, and only occasionally requires a hotel stay. But, I realize softball is a different animal.

If it makes you feel any better, I spend $3K a year on a training facility. That is on top of summer ball. And, it's been GREAT there. But, he's only really there like 7 months of the year because the in season schedule doesn't allow much time for training. And, last year, with COVID-19, he wasn't there March through October. It was literally money burned.