Skip to main content

Reply to "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda"

old_school posted:
Iowamom23 posted:
Midwest Mom posted:

What is going on with all of the comments about girls this past week?  Occasionally is fine if it's part of a key learning or has a purpose, but it's starting to be a recurring theme that I haven't picked up on before and I think we can do without it. Thanks. 

I agree some of the comments are a little much. But I also will say that my dad's greatest fear was that my son would fall in love with a school on the other side of the country, go to it, meet a girl, marry her, and never come home.

I totally agree with the bolded...I never tried to keep my '17 grad local but the thought of him moving out of area was way more then i was ready for. Full disclosure my entire family lives in the same town within 6 or 7 miles of each other, actually not a real small town (grad class of 600) but still pretty close. At the end of the process he chose to stay close to home...and as long as it was his choice I was good with it. 

So far it has worked well, Saturday night he texted on his way out at about 9pm to see if he could come home Sunday. He came back around 10, did wash, studied a little, watched a football game had an early dinner and was gone again by 600 pm. that was sweet day IMO. 

My daughter went an hour away. We have a college literally in walking distance. If she went there, we told her she could come home at fall break. We had to drag her home as a freshman, now she volunteers and does it on her own. Now my son will be two hours away. Like having them close, but far enough away they have to grow up a little.