Skip to main content

Reply to "Covid-19 Brought out a different side of people"

The mutation of this virus has been documented pretty well.  The original strain mutated in Europe and European strain is what caught on in NYC.   Viruses want to stay alive so they mutate to be less deadly and more easily spread too.   Seems the data that his mutation is spreading more easily is pretty compelling.  Now is it less deadly?  My guess is yes but I will wait for the data here.   Cases have been spiking since June 10/11, so 3-4 weeks into the increased spread, hospitalizations are increasing, ICU too if you don't see an increased death rate than I think we can agree its less deadly too.  Its not apparent yet (death rates, not counts).

One of my Dallas people, who thought he was bullet proof, just got over Covid.  He's actually humiliated because he was so cavalier.  Fever 102 was persistent.  He was tired.  Once they put him on Steriods and a Z-Pak fever went away and he's back to normal.  4 days from contact to symptoms (his wife had it), 8-10 days to back to normal.  He's on the other side of it now.

Thanks for filling in. 

Your friend is lucky.  

Weren't they giving z-pack and steroids early on for mild cases?  Seems to have worked for a lot of people.