Skip to main content

Reply to "Creatine"

quote:
Originally posted by futurecatcher27:
Have you personally dealt with Creatine?

Yes, I took creatine for many years.

quote:

Have you worked with anyone who has?

Yes again. In fact, I know many people who have taken steroids, and I've seen them suffer some serious effects.

quote:

It is on the Open market IN HEALTH FOOD STORES,so Im pretty sure its not a poison.

Cigarettes can be found on the open market, and I'm pretty sure that they are a poison.....Also, how many products have the FDA pulled from the market because of health issues. Remember ephedra? Everyone said it was safe. Do a little research and look up a product called "Hot Stuff" and see what the FDA found out about this "legal" supplement.

quote:

The trainers and physicians I have talked to before taking creatine,have said nearly the same thing as you,OnBaseball,so you are correct.However,they also said if taken in moderation,and not consumed in large amounts,it should be considered safe and possibly beneficial.

I feel the same way as these trainers and physicians do about creatine. However, I am not going to recommend or encourage ANYONE to take it, ESPECIALLY teenagers. If they do their research and decide it is a good choice, then great! But I am risking way too much by recommending a product that is "relatively" safe or may even have negative side effects later on down the road. Again, it is just too early to tell. You look back at some of the things that people put into their bodies in the late 1800's, early 1900's, you would be shocked!!!! They thought the stuff was good for them, but we now know that they were putting harmful things into their bodies.....
Last edited by MAXX