Skip to main content

Reply to "curious about cell service?"

I absolutely love my iPhone. Answers to some of your questions:

Since I pay my own bill and then am reimbursed by my company, the corporate account restriction never came up.

iPhone vs Blackberry is not even close - most of my co workers are blackberry users and are switching to iPhones rapidly. The email integration is excellent equal to the blackberry in every way. But the iPhone has better text messaging, internet browser, and calendar. Of course iTunes is tightly integrated. I also really like having google maps on the phone with integration into the address book. And the camera is also pretty decent.

Software updates come about once a week as they fix bugs and add new features. I have not had any bugs or any other issues - and when I use it internationally it has worked flawlessly. It also always draws a crowd (I am in Spain this week and when I used it at lunch there were about 15 people all checking it out.)

The price cut was annoying - but Motorola did the same thing to me with the Razr and at least Apple gave me credit for half of the difference - Moto did nothing.

Bottom line - I work in the telecom software business, have seen and used literally hundreds of different cell phones - and think from a user interface perspective and a feature perspective the iPhone is a long step ahead of anything else on the market.