Skip to main content

Reply to "Curious: HA and decent player"

@Francis7 posted:

I'm taking baseball out of it.

I know two young women who went to good 4 year school AFTER getting the "basic general universal crap credits" done at a Juco where it was geographically convenient and a HELLUVA lot cheaper at the Juco...and then the got their degree from the big name fancy impressive college.

When you get your Bachelors Degree Diploma, it just has the school name on it and the graduation year. There's NOT a line on the bottom that says, in parentheses "50% of the required credits were earned at Joe Blow Juco."

Why spend $240,000 on a four year degree when you can get the same EXACT piece of paper for $140,000 by starting at a Juco?

All HA schools are not equal. Your idea of HA might be (and most likely is) much different than what someone else thinks. As someone here put it, there are “HA”, then there are “elite HA”. The schools I consider HA don’t take juco credits. Most won’t take credits from a big state U.

As SpeedDemon mentioned, the freshman core classes at most top HA are extremely intense and a kid transferring in would likely struggle or require an extra year.