Skip to main content

Reply to "Curious: HA and decent player"

All HA schools are not equal. Your idea of HA might be (and most likely is) much different than what someone else thinks. As someone here put it, there are “HA”, then there are “elite HA”. The schools I consider HA don’t take juco credits. Most won’t take credits from a big state U.

As SpeedDemon mentioned, the freshman core classes at most top HA are extremely intense and a kid transferring in would likely struggle or require an extra year.

The recent Congressional hearings have certainly shown that all HA schools are not equal. Maybe we need a new category for some schools that have historically been viewed as HA. I won’t go any further with that.
  But regarding transfer of JuCo credits, all JuCos are not equal either. A couple of years ago I convinced a local HA LHP that going to a very good Texas JuCo (McLennan CC) would not prevent him from attending a HA 4 year school. His family was skeptical but finally gave in. As a freshman the kid was All-Conference on the mound and an academic All-American in the classroom. He is now a sophomore and just accepted a baseball/academic scholarship to Rice University. And there was no issue with credits transferring. So it can be done.