Skip to main content

Reply to "curve balls"

quote:
Iowabbmom- As I mentioned in an earlier post, a curve ball doesn't hurt your arm. Throwing it improperly does

This is why I adamantly believe a kid should be taught a curve..the truth is a kid will learn one, it's just who is going to teach it? If he picks it up from "some kid", it may just involve the injurious components that lead to injury (Hand outside the ball, twisting the entire arm etc.). I believe that it's an important thing for a parent to teach responsibility to a kid whose dreams include pursuing our art. If the kid never figures out what will and won't harm him..well he's wasting time and should learn how to shop for high quality health insurance. As a freshman and beyond, it is absolutely imperative that they learn about arm health and maintenance, as well as conditioning, without it they are asking for injury..CB,FB,CU slide piece whatever..Do you really think your son is so innocent and oblivious that he hasn't discussed it with friends? They see kids in the LLWS breaking off hooks at a high rate and no announcer really complaining...they are informed, they are aware and they do discuss it. Now my take is that pitching is a holistic endeavor..every aspect should be trained and used in an educated fashion.